Re: GTK+ 2.21.7 for updating Android

Dear Mr Clasen,

I must say I was surprized to find that if I try to "reply" to somebody
with Redhat, my answer wil be directed to gnome.

I must also say that I oppose graphics since it uses most
computerfacilities undue. When I want to send a 40 chars long message
saying that I will be a little late tonight, the 40 chars are packed in
a several kBs of graphical wrappings and sent together with an even
longer HTML version, to dump it on somebody's PC in graphics 1024 * 768
* 3 ( bytes per pixel ).

I have a gsm ( cell phone ) maybe 10 years, but all I used it for is
some 20 times almost the same message which I should have preprogrammed
in it:

"My train will arrive at the station at about xx:xx, can you please pick
me up there? Kiss"

But now I purchased one of the new Android phones and am impressed what
I can do with it, but I want ( much ) more.

I started behind computers in 1959, programming the 2nd or 3rd mainframe
in my country in machine code on papertape and reading its output from a
scope in 'pages' of 1024 pixel or no-pixel and after that IBM 360,
14(20), time sharing on Bull, Fortran in 1992, Algol60, Pascal, Modula,
basic, C, C++ since 1992 and used as OS Primos, UNIX, and I do not know
how many Linux releases.

I believe that gave me sufficient expertise to modify the contents of my
new toy. I have Dimarzio's "Android, a programmers guide" and see that
he, although he says he worked in linux, uses ( a linux version of? )
Eclipse, which I believe is mainly used by Windows people.

My experiece with gtk+ is nil, I told you why. Nonetheless I think I
rather learn to and use gtk+ than eclipse.

So my question is: can I use gtk+ as replacement for eclipse?

Thanks

Nieuwenhuizen
2010-08-31T22:30

--
Nieuwenhuizen, Prof. Ir. J.K.    email: jk nieuwenhuizen-jk nl
dom Paul Bellotweg 8             internet: www.nieuwenhuizen -jk.nl