Re: error building git head GTK on OS X ... IM symbols missing etc.

On Oct 27, 2009, at 2:06 AM, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com > wrote:
just tried a jhbuild of gtk on OS X (tiger). things went well until it
got to the link stage in the input methods code. i got a large number
of messages of this form, one for each (every?) IM module:

does anybody have any clues what this might be? the missing symbol is
always _res_9_init

See bug 586510.   It appears that on Tiger we need to explicitly link
against libresolv, this is not needed on Leopard and higher.  I also
reported this when I ran into it (bug 590482), there seems to be a
patch which has not been reviewed yet.  Unless the GLib maintainers
object I will review and commit a patch for this then :)

For the record, 586150.

Looks like Paul and Dan Winship have taken up the matter there.

Regards,
John Ralls