Re: glib uses wrong prefix for base-2 units

2009/6/3 Benjamin Drung <benjamin drung gmail com>:
> Am Mittwoch, den 03.06.2009, 23:53 +0100 schrieb Rui Tiago Cação Matos:
>> 2009/6/3 Benjamin Drung <benjamin drung gmail com>:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > g_format_size_for_display uses the wrong prefixes for units that are
>> > counted in power of two.
>>
>> You may want to check the colour of the previous bike shed here
>> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-December/msg00237.html
>
> I do not want to discuss if we should use base 10 or base 2. I only want
> to discuss to use the correct label for base 2. glib should should label
> 2^20 with MiB instead of MB (like Linux, GNU Core Utilities, GParted,
> GNOME Network, Pidgin, Deluge already do)!

No, you just want to have the same bikeshed argument that you've had
over on the Ubuntu list here on GNOME's list.

We've had these arguments made. We've had the discussion here twice.
We've had it three times on Ubuntu's lists in the past two years I've
been involved. Anyone want to chime in from Fedora's or SuSE's
community and say how many times they've had it there?

-A. Walton