Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> let's be clear: I have nothing against C99 (except the feature of
> declaring variables in the middle of a function - *eew*); but if no
> other compiler except gcc 4.x supports it properly...

Me too.  But even gcc 4.x does not fully support c99.  See

http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html

What many people really mean by "c99" these days is "the bits of
c99 that you might reasonably expect a modern compiler to support,
and never mind the other bits" (which, sadly, is a crap situation
for a standard to be in, almost a decade on).

Allin Cottrell