Re: GLib and 64-bit Windows

Jake Goulding writes:
 > Hey all, i am trying to compile glib-2.8.6 (an older version, I know...)
 > under Windows Server 2003 64-bit.

I certainly am interested in hearing about GLib on 64-bit Windows, but
I don't bother to keep the sources to such old versions on my disk any
longer. I don't see what the point is in trying to build that. If you
want to get any needed patches upstream, they should be for the trunk,
and possibly also the stable branch (glib-2-12) anyway.

 > Then I immediately ran into other problems:
 > glib.def(129) : fatal error LNK1118: syntax error in 'G_GNUC_MALLOC'
 > statement

You will have to manually edit out the G_GNUC_ stuff from glib.def. It
is supposed to be passed through the C preprocessor and have those
expanded to empty. This is handled properly in trunk's
glib/makefile.msc(.in).

 > Has GLib been successfully compiled in 64-bit mode under Windows?

Nobody has reported it here anyway.

 > Would a newer version of glib help me in getting my compile to work?

See above, it would at least for the glib.def problem. And there is no
mention of SIGTRAP in gbacktrace.c in newer GLibs, so presumably that
would also not be a problem.

--tml