Re: Wimp tab rendering patch

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 21:29 +0200, Lieven van der Heide wrote:
> I made a patch for the windows theme engine, that adjusts the clip
> rectangle of
> the notebook buttons a bit. Now it resambles the native windows look more
> closely,
> and it fixes the gap between the left edge of the page and the left edge of
> the button, when the leftmost page is selected.

Hi Lievan,

I'm glad someone is finishing this up!  The results look pretty good
when it's at the top.  I know Arnaud said he didn't get the same results
as your screenshots, but I do get the same results (when the tabs are at
the top).

When the tabs are on the left, right, or bottom then the results are
worse.  The bug #399253 is, I think, a separate issue.. that happens
when the notebook receives expose events or something.  As it is right
now (without your patch), the tabs look pretty decent when they're first
drawn or when the entire widget exposes.. but when it receives partial
expose events it gets really screwed up.  I tried looking into that, but
didn't put much time into it.

I've got a binary that I used to test notebook tab rendering when I was
working on the last patch, but I'm not sure where I put the source code
for it.  I'll post the .exe to the following URL:

http://www.gnome.org/~bratsche/notebooktest.exe

/ Cody