Re: Version of gtk+ to shoot for in Gnome 2.18?

On 9/19/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/Platform currently lists HEAD
for the version of gtk+ to use for 2.17.x.  Should this be gtk-2-10
instead, or is there a tentative timetable for gtk+ 2.12 with a date
far enough in advance of Gnome 2.18.0?  (I couldn't find one at
http://www.gtk.org/plan/, so I'm asking here)

Given my continued absence from GTK+ development (I plan to make
a sudden reappearance once  FC6 is out...), I'd be cautious about planning
for GTK+ 2.12 in the next Gnome release. Yes, we did say we're shooting
for 2.12 by end of January 07, but things may drag out (as they usually
do), and we don't want to get into a situation where we have to rush
2.12 out because Gnome depends on it.

I personally think it would be a good aim to use the 2.17 cycle to make sure
that GTK+ 2.10 features are actually used thoughout the stack, and help
making them more solid and shake out remaining bugs on the way.
Port the keybinding applet to GtkCellRendererAccel, use the printing
framework...things like that.

Just my opinion,

Matthias