Re: Icon theme and animated icons

Hi Sven,

2) Icon theme standard does not support mng/apng.
	- implementation would not match
		current standard, but
		would still be compatible
		with it.

Well, as an apng file is supposed to be read as a png file too (read:
thumbnailing for free) there could be no problem (as long as noone
complains) because an animated apng theme should be fully backwards
compatible as a png theme (at least if I understand the apng site and
some other stuff correctly).

Yes, this is true.

An apng file can be read with any reader that support png.

But for apng features, the best source I have found is a patch against Mozilla. :-(

If anyone has heard about a better implementation, please let me know.

MNG could also be an option, but the problem with libmng iterator
remains unsolved as far as I know.

Br,
Sampo