Re: Introspection API

Dnia 19-02-2005, sob o godzinie 10:18 -0500, Havoc Pennington napisał:
> That brings up an interesting point: in this case you probably want to
> tweak the lang bindings a bit, e.g. take one example we already have of
> g_signal_emit vs. g_signal_emitv(), in the binding you probably want to
> use emitv() to implement a method called emit()
>
> So you kind of want to say "name the bound method emit, but implement
> with emitv"

Yes, basically this part:
const gchar * g_function_def_get_symbol_name (GFunctionDef *function_def);

Every interface should have properly namespaced name (like
"gtk.Window.add_mnemonic"), but some will also have C symbol name that
doesn't necessarily correspond to this name.

Hmm, come to think of it, every interface could have separate
introspected name and C symbol name, which means the above function
should be promoted to more general

const gchar * g_registered_interface_get_symbol_name (GRegisteredInterface *function_def);

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>