SWIG <-> Gtk

Dear All,

I'm currently working on a language binding for mzscheme
to Gtk. I'm using SWIG to create de glue code, and it works
like a breeze. It's really very easy to provide type coercions
between scheme and gtk using this tool.

I think this method could be used to create other bindings
to Gtk as well.

To get SWIG to create the needed wrapper code for Gtk, I
need to provide some #if(n)def SWIG/#endif, sections to
get SWIG to skip certain sections of the Gtk header files.

I think, these sections are quite generic for language bindings
to different languages and using:

#ifndef SWIG
 (...)
#endif

sections in Gtk Header files could prepaire Gtk header files
in general for any language binding that the ever growing SWIG
language module base provides.

Would it be a good idea to incorporate generic support for
SWIG into the Gtk header files?

--
Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema