Fwd: Re: Changing font of GtkSourceView changes font of GtkSourceMap

I forgot to cc the list.

On 03/01/2019 03:23 PM, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
Thanks for the example.

I modified it to illustrate the behavior:
It verily looks like a bug to me. I can't figure out a way to work
around this either.

import gi
gi.require_version('GtkSource', '3.0')
gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0')
from gi.repository import Gtk, GtkSource, GObject, Pango

def set_font(button, view, map, tag):
     font_name = button.get_font_name()
     font = Pango.font_description_from_string(font_name)
     map_font = font.copy()
     map_font.set_size(1*Pango.SCALE)
     tag.set_property("font-desc", font)
     buffer = view.get_buffer()
     buffer.apply_tag(tag, buffer.get_start_iter(), buffer.get_end_iter())
     map.set_property("font-desc", map_font)

class GUI:
     def __init__(self):

         GObject.type_register(GtkSource.View)
         window = Gtk.Window()
         window.connect('destroy', self.on_window_destroy)
         box = Gtk.VBox()
         window.add(box)
         fontchooser = Gtk.FontButton()
         box.pack_start(fontchooser, False, True, 0)
         pane = Gtk.Paned(orientation=Gtk.Orientation.HORIZONTAL)
         box.pack_start(pane, True, True, 0)
         s_view = GtkSource.View()
         buffer = s_view.get_buffer()
         with open("/usr/share/doc/glade/README", 'r') as fd:
             buffer.set_text(fd.read())
         tag = buffer.create_tag("buffer-font")
         pane.pack1(s_view, True, False)
         s_map = GtkSource.Map()
         s_map.set_view(s_view)
         pane.pack2(s_map, True, False)
         fontchooser.connect("font-set", set_font, s_view, s_map, tag)
         window.show_all()

     def on_window_destroy(self, window):
         Gtk.main_quit()

if __name__ == "__main__":
     app = GUI()
     Gtk.main()

Give it try and change the font of the view. You'll see that the font
of the map changes to the same font as the view, including *the same
size*.

Thank you.

from gi.repository import Gtk, GtkSource, GObject, Pango

class GUI:
      def __init__(self):

          GObject.type_register(GtkSource.View)
          window = Gtk.Window()
          window.connect('destroy', self.on_window_destroy)
          pane = Gtk.Paned(orientation = Gtk.Orientation.HORIZONTAL)
          window.add(pane)
          s_view = GtkSource.View()
          pane.pack1(s_view)
          s_map = GtkSource.Map()
          s_map.set_view(s_view)
          pane.pack2(s_map)
          s_map.set_property('font-desc',
Pango.font_description_from_string("Sans 3"))