Re: Using GTK in proprietary software

Il giorno ven, 15/02/2019 alle 10.26 +0100, Jean-Dominique Frattini ha scritto:
And what if the final program is statically linked with Gtk+ (ie on Windows
with mingw32) ?

Citing https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LGPLStaticVsDynamic:

    "If you statically link against an LGPLed library, you must also
    provide your application in an object (not necessarily source)
    format, so that a user has the opportunity to modify the library and
    relink the application."

On the technical side I heard someone successfully used static linking
with GTK+ but I personally never see such an application. I do not use
windows though.

Ciao.
--
Nicola