Re: ANNOUNCE: Phasing out GTK mailing lists and move to Discord

The problem for me is clock. I tried Slack for a development project
I'm  leading, but important messages got lost in the shuffle. Also,
it wasjust another website to check, another interface to learn.

+1

Email has been a good aggregator tool to save time--it is just one
place I have to check. I suppose this discourse instance is OK if gtk
is all you do, but how many different sites can I visit to keep up on
what is...

+1

Is it easy in discourse to turn on email,

Kinda;  its still pretty crumby, and a pain to respond to anything.

E-mail had a great run, solved almost every problem when used
correctly;  then people decided to try something else ... about every
~90 days it seems.   I'm just too tired of it all to learn yet-another-
messaging-platform.  #shrug

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>