Cross plattform GTK look

Hi!

I'm looking at making a program with GTK, but i really need the UI to look identical on Windows, Mac and
Linux... This might have been simple if I were to use the standard engine... But I'm planing on making the UI
look cool and not native as well, which might cause some problems I imagine...

From what I understand you define themes in a gtkrc file, but to get full flexability of the UI you need a
gtk-engine as well... Can I force a gtk-program to use a specific engine, and are gtk-engines cross platform?

Thanks!