Re: GTK Widget assertion problem

Hello,

Le 10/06/2010, Shawn Bakhtiar <shashaness hotmail com> a Ãcrit :
2.2) There is probably a memory leak somewhere. Where the structure of
the application (the compiled code) puts that pointer outside the
reach of the overflow so when you re-wrote it, it magically worked
(voodoo appearing indeed).
I agree on this explanation. To help you try to find out, may I suggest
the following:
- `grep -R progBar src`, I don't believe you will find the issue with
this, especially if iy's a stack issue, but it's a starting point to
check basic issues.
- compile your code with -Wall and -Werror if possible, to hunt all
writing code mistakes.
- remove the voodoo function, it *must* run without it.
- add a fprintf(stderr, "------> %p\n", (gpointer)progBar); after the
initialisation and add one before the failing call to check your
pointer has not been changed somewhere.
- add regular g_return_if_fail(IS_GTK_WIDGET(progBar)); at each line
between the initialisation and the failing call to spot where the stack
issue may happen. Of course writing all of this may change the bug if
it's a stack issue but it may help you.

Hope you can remove the voodoo stuff,

Damien.