Subject: Re: gtk+-2.18, win32, and OpenGL
From: alexl redhat com
To: t evans aranz com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:21:01 +0100
CC: gtk-devel-list gnome org

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 12:07 +1300, Tim Evans wrote:
Previous with GTK+ 2.14 I had some custom code that would let me draw
with OpenGL into a widget under win32.  After updating GTK+ 2.18 this
code doesn't work properly any more, it turns the entire toplevel
window
into an OpenGL area instead.

I've gotten part way to having it work by calling
gdk_window_ensure_native() on the window behind my OpenGL area widget,

but some things are still broken:

Hmmm, ideally that should not be needed. Its not on the X11 version of
client side windows. There the gdk_x11_drawable_get_xid() call will
automatically create a native window if you call it on a client-side
window. Win32 should do the same.

However, the win32 port of client side windows does not really seem
fully done. Unfortunately I don't personally have time to work on it at
the moment.

1. I've found I need to call SetWindowPos manually to resize the
native
window when the widget is allocated.  Is this the expected behaviour?

No, this is likely another bug in win32 csw support.

2. Mouse events seem to be screwed up.  After clicking on my OpenGL
area
widget, other widgets will not receive enter-notify-event until I
click
again outside the widget, making buttons and other widgets not work.
Is
there a way to fix this?

same here.