Error in gthread.h?

Hello people.

After a month of switching to 64 bits, I'm still recompiling old
software. Most of this goes really very smoothly, but today I hit a snag
for which I can't seem to find a solution.

I get this error during compilation of my program:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h: In function âg_once_init_enterâ:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:344: warning: cast to pointer from
integer of different size

The offending line is:

  if (G_LIKELY ((gpointer) g_atomic_pointer_get (value_location) != NULL))
    return FALSE;
  else
    return g_once_init_enter_impl (value_location);

Though the (gpointer) cast seems unnecessary (The definition I found
already declares g_atomic_pointer_get as gpointer), I can't really find
any other problem (removing the cast doesn't change anything).

I've looked around the 'net, but can't find any reference to this problem.

Please, suggestions!

John