Re: GIO channels and "connection closed by foreign host" on WIN32

Here it is, I've made it as minimal as a crossplatform gtk socket
program can be, the code may give a pair of warnings and passes the fd
as userdata, this is to "mimic" the real code that passes a class base
pointer that contains also the FD and to specify that the code doesn't
use gio channels API to get FD or read/write.

BTW if this can be useful:

I've made a modified version of the program that uses GIO functions to
read datas from the server, it also sets the encoding to NULL and
buffering to FALSE since I've seen that is the right way to have a
behaviour similar to a plain recv() and it checks the return code with
G_IO_STATUS_EOF, the result is the same as the bare socket version:

In linux a ctrl+c on the server notify the client that receive
G_IO_STATUS_EOF, in windows it doesn't.

--
Bye,
 Gabry