Status Indication GUI development using GTK++

Hello,
        I have just newly subscribed to thie mailing list and wanted to post a question.
I am doing application development on Fedora Core 6 Linux Machine. I need to implement the status indication
GUI such that it could display a simple traffic light indication i.e, green light for success and red light
for error.
Can someone suggest me a link where I can get an example code doing thhis type of thing so that I could learn
or modify it suit my requirement.

Thnaks for your help and regards,
Adeel Malik