Re: Transparent Draw Area

You can not make widgets transparent, other than to the other
windows/desktop. Thus in your case, you need to create a new gtk.Window,
and lay it over the rest of your app. You use the POPUP flag to remove
the window-border and some
set_colormap(self.get_screen().get_rgba_colormap())
If you read python, you can look in the beginning of:
http://code.google.com/p/pychess/source/browse/trunk/lib/pychess/widgets/pydock/OverlayWindow.py