gtkpaned: children sometimes resized

Hi,

I use a GtkVPaned and add two expanding widgets as children
(scrollable windows).

When the GtkVPaned is initially displayed, each child expand
to what is needed. This is o.k.

When I initially touch the gutter of GtkVPaned by mouse, and
after that add widgets to one of the children the other is
*not* shrunk. This is what I need. However, this is not the
case if the user never moves the gutter by mouse first. In
this second case a kind of auto-shrinking/expanding of the
two children takes place.

How can I disable this auto-expanding? Note: I can not
simply use gtk_paned_set_position() since the GtkVPaned must
initially freely decide the position needed by the children.

I've found the property "position-set". Don't know if this
is might by a solution.

Any ideas?

Thank You
Felix