Re: MS Windows packages and modularity

2008/10/21 Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>:
But I admit I don't have any *really* strong preference. If it really
is so that the majority of people who distribute GTK+ apps on Windows
would prefer that the pixbuf loaders were separate DLLs I can return
to that. Is there anybody out there who prefers having built-in
loaders?

I think I prefer separate loaders, if I understand the trade-offs correctly.

The app I package and distribute needs tiff/jpeg load and save, so
having an extra copy of the libraries statically linked in to the gtk
stack bulks up my zip unnecessarily. My app also includes libMagick,
so I think I might have three copies of libtiff and libjpeg in my
download at the moment, annoyingly.

John