Re: GtkPixbuf from Char buffer

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 05:12:40PM +0300, Arto Karppinen wrote:
Hi, were developing an application which is supposed to show user images
downloaded from web server using xmlrpc. The problem is that we cant
quite figure out how to create a pixbuf from a buffer which contains the
RAW contents of a file.

You can use GdkPixbufLoader:

GdkPixbufLoader *loader = gdk_pixbuf_loader_new ();
gdk_pixbuf_loader_write (loader, my_buffer, my_buffer_size, 0);
gdk_pixbuf_loader_close (loader, 0);
GdkPixbuf *pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_loader_get_pixbuf (loader);

HTH
JV