Re: Saving window position

Gorshkov wrote on 11 March 2008 at 10:28:
to get the window position/size:
      gtk_window_get_position(window, &x, &y);
      gtk_window_get_size(window, &width, &height);
to set the window position/size:
          gtk_window_move(window, x, y);
          gtk_window_set_default_size(window, width, height);

I saw these functions, but the documentation (gtk_window_get_position) warns that this will almost always get
it
wrong and, in any case (gtk_window_move), window managers usually ignore calls to set an initial position.
But
I need this window to appear in a particular position each time the app starts. That's where the
documentation
suggests going down the GnomeClient route, but I'm having trouble working out how this is used.

Goran asked:
Therefor the question is - on what system do you want to
save the position. On the local system where the window is
or on the remote system where the application is running?

The local system, although in my case the two are the same.

John