GTK+ with DirectFB?

Hi,

I am trying to test GTK+ with DirectFB 1.2. I have built all the libraries
successfully and the Linux frame buffer is configured properly. I am
running Fedora 8 on a i386 architecture.

When I run the gtk-demo under DirectFB though, the window only occupies
about 1/4 of the width and 1/2 of the height with everything compressed
horizontally and the colors look weird. Looking at the log I see that
gtk-demo always uses 640x480.

I set up the linux framebuffer in 1280x1024 / 24 bits. How do I instruct
DirectFB and GTK to use that resolution? I created a /etc/directfbrc file
but had no success so far, and the documentation about GTK-DFB doesn't
explain how to change the video mode. I know the framebuffer works because
I successfully ran a Qt app on it.

Thanks!
CG