thread support in Windows: problem

Hi all,

I am trying to run a simple(st) thread example in GTK with a
windows-MinGW-Msys development environment(please refer to
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/unstable/gdk-Threads.html Eric's code
for the code I ran), and Mingw unfortunately doesnt provide thread headers
and libraries[pthread.h is unavailable].

I did some googling and found out a website which provides thread support
fo r win32 app development. I have copied the headers[pthread.h, sched.h
and semaphore.h] into the mingw include folder, and I have copied the
libraries for threads all into mingw lib folder. I even use a -Lpath
during compilation of my thread application. Program compiles but the
executable fails to link to the downloaded libraries[which I have supplied
in the -L and l options to gcc]. Message tells me "dll not found".

I thought it might have something to do with registering the DLL with the
OS, and so I used regsvr32 to get DLL registered, but registration somehow
failed[I am not a geek and so I was not able to figure out why it failed].

Someone help in making it work pls.

Vijayasarathy
Senior Research Associate
SETS

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other
person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please notify SETS immediately either by replying to this e-mail
or
by telephone on +91-44-28205655 and then delete this e-mail.
The sender does not accept any responsibility for any damage which
you sustain as a result of software viruses or malicious programs.
You should therefore scan attachments (if any) prior to opening them.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.