Re: gdk-pixbuf

Just loop over the pixels and calculate a gray level through a linear
combination of R, G, and B. For example ppmtopgm uses:

grey = .299 r + .587 g + .114 b

Then assign the resulting gray to the red, green, and blue components, and
voila! You've got yourself a gray scale image.

See my previous post for an example of how to loop over a GdkPixbuf.

Regards,
Dov