Re: pango_extents_to_pixels

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 16:13 -0700, Ian Bull wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing problems with GTK 2.12 and
pango_extents_to_pixels.

I first noticed this problem when I launched Eclipse:

/home/XXX/local/eclipse/eclipse: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgtk-
x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: pango_extents_to_pixels

but I also get the same error when I try and launch
gnome-appearance-properties.

I am running a debian (unstable) system, so it may be something with their
package management, or possibly just a bad binary (although I did un-install
and re-install GTK).

That function was added recently, in pango 1.16.  The error basically
means that you are running a recent Gtk+ against an old pango library at
run-time.  Broken system on your end, or debian's.

Cheers,
Ian

--
behdad