Re: guid lines

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 18:43 +0530, CHAITANYA KOMMURU wrote:
hi all,

               iam new to gtk. i and my team mates ported gtk library on
davinci borad successfully. i write an application program using gtk.
Iam using 4x4 keyboard to my application and  there is no mouse in my
application. my GUI application work with 4x4 key board with out mouse
.  what changes i want do  so that my application work with 4x4 key board
instead of tredetional keyboard and mouse.

That all depends on what kind of input method your project plans to use.

For instance, if you wish to use a multipress input method (such as
found on mobile phones) you might like to use (or modify) the multipress
input method that is in GTK+:
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2007/03/23/multipress-input-method-is-now-in-gtk/

Alternatively, you might use an on-screen keyboard (such as in Nokia's
Maemo), or some kind of predictive input that you implement yourself. In
general, it's GtkIMContext that you should be interested in:
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2006/12/22/creating-gtk-input-methods/

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com