displaying 2 images

hi...am using gtk+ on windows and am using visual c++ as compiler..in fact am
new to gtk+ programming and am having a difficulty in displaying 2 different
images by selecting a single item from combobox...when i displayed for one
image it works but to display another image for the same selected item
doesnt work...can anyone help me please?

here is the code that am using for the combobox signal:

void
on_cbo_pickobject_changed              (GtkComboBox     *combobox,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{

        gchar *mystr;

        mystr = gtk_combo_box_get_active_text (combobox);

         if (strcmp (mystr, "Chair 1") == 0)
        {

/*****this will display the first image(Chair 1.jpg) in the
img_objectpreview when Chair 1is selected from the
combobox*******************/

        GtkWidget *myimage_object = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(combobox),
"img_objectpreview");                           gtk_image_set_from_file
(GTK_IMAGE(myimage_object), "Pictures/Chair 1.jpg");

/*****i added this piece of code for a second image(Chair 1.gif) to be
displayed in img_patternpreview********/

       GtkWidget *myimage_pattern = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(combobox),
"img_patternpreview");                          gtk_image_set_from_file
(GTK_IMAGE(myimage_pattern), "Pictures/Chair 1.gif");

        }

        else
        {
                ......./* show default image */
        }

        g_free (mystr);

}

here is the error i got when compiled:

callbacks.c(162) : error C2275: 'GtkWidget' : illegal use of this type as an
expression
callbacks.c(162) : error C2065: 'myimage_pattern' : undeclared identifier

can someone please help me? what is missing in the code above? can someone
add the missing code for me please?? how will it work? please help..

i would be much grateful if someone can help me please..

thanks