Re: App blueprint, advice please!

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 21:27 -0500, Patrick wrote:
Sorry for the long email but I really could use some help. I sell used
lab instruments to people doing great work researching cures. The closed
source programs to control and process data from these instruments often
cost 20K. The people providing the software really abuse their legal
positions. Writing an open source replacement has become an obsession
for me.

I want to build an App to control dozens or even hundreds of instruments
using different ports/buses (GPIB, Serial, Parallel etc) and I want to
do some fairly complex data processing after. Then I want to be able to
save the data in a database and/or in numerous formats.

Wow.... I recently (2 years ago) built a similar project on a
work-for-hire gig... I used GPIB, Digital I/O, signal generators and
processors.

I'd be happy to give you some pointers. Email me off list and we can
discuss it.

mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner suppressingfire org>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding