how to replace a widget or make an overlay?

I have a simple window with one treeview. When the app is shutting down it currently creates a popup with an icon and a few lines of text. Since these types of popups are annoying, I'd like to remove it and draw the stuff directly into the main window, into the center of the treeview. The treeview will be emptied when the stuff needs to be drawn, so the stuff will basically be on white background.

How would I go implementing it? Is it possible to replace the treeview and put a box there, with the same size, and the stuff in the center of it? Or is it possible to put the stuff over the treeview, kindof like an overlay?

thanks
tom