Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Hi all,

I am trying add contents to clist from a file which contains filenames,
It is unable display the contents which i m expecting it is giving a
warning

WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

I tried to convert the string which read from the file utf8 format
using

g_locale_to_utf8 (string, -1 , NULL, NULL, NULL);

but it is returning NULL string ...

Please help me out in resolving this issue ..

Regards,
Naveen.