Re: Editing in GtkTreeView - Automatic Edit and Unwanted Edit Box?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 05:16:49PM +0100, Tony Cowderoy wrote:

First question - is there any (preferably easy) way with a GtkTreeView
to make any editable cell that is selected automatically enter edit mode
and automatically commit the changes when focus moves elsewhere?

IIRC this is tricky to get right, so easy probably no.
Hopefuly someone who has a working example will post it...

Second - in the application that I'm trying to develop I have a
GtkTreeview with data in a GtkListStore and some, but not all, of the
cells editable.  If I have a cell selected, but not opened for editing
(this includes non-editable cells) and I then start typing, an editable
box appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the GtkTreeView, which
displays what I'm typing.  If I press enter, it goes away and the text
of the selected cell is not updated.  Does anyone know why this odd
behaviour is happening and what I can do to stop it?

I suppose it's the search box.  In such case:

  gtk_tree_view_set_enable_search(treeview, FALSE);

(or set the corresponding property).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/