setting min widget size?

Hello,

I have a label widget which is used to show the coordinates of the cursor position in a drawing program. Unfortunately, the width of that widget changes as I move the cursor around because the fonts are not fixed width fonts and sometimes I have a larger number with more digits and sometimes a smaller number.

Is there a way to allow the label widget to grow if needed to hold a larger string but then never shrink if the label text is changed to something shorter?

Thanks
-Dan