Re: Changing the color od a widget

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 16:24 -0500, Steven Boyls wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to change/set the color of a widget.

Yes, using resource files/strings. Think of them as stylesheets for gtk.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html

But...

All default
colors seem to be a dull gray color. I'd like to make my application
more visually
appealing.

User-selected Gtk themes (consisting of theme engines and resource
files) are primarily responsible for the visual appearance of widgets.
Users will all have different themes selected, and your application will
thus look totally different from one user to the other.

In light of this, I would say it is not recommended to override parts of
your user's theme in your application, for this and a host of other
reasons.

cheers

Vincent