Accompany index of deprecated symbols with GTK+ version?

Hi,

I wonder whether it is feasible to accompany the index of deprecated symbols
[1] with the GTK+ version number describing since when the symbol is
deprecated. Ideally, this should work automatically of course.

I came across this question because developers might need to create
a application that is e.g. downward compatible to GTK+ 2.4. In that
case I would like to have a list of all deprecated symbols upto 2.4.
(It would be cool to have this info in the overall documentation, because
it is a bit uncomfortable to first find a 2.4 documentation release where the
index of deperecated symbols is the one I am looking for.)

All the best

        Jan

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ix02.html

--