GTK+ 2.8.17 (which packages to choose for win xp)

Hi,

I'm developping a gtk application under windows XP and I'm planning to update from gtk 2.8.6 to gtk 2.8.17.

I have the choise between the official packages (gtk.org) and the tml's ones. I see that tml is distributing (and advising) newer packages for glib and pango (for example: pango-1.12.1 instead of pango-1.10).

Could someone (or Tor) give me some explanations ?
Is there important bug fixes or big performance improvements ?
(I had a quick look at Changelogs, but I haven't found anything useful).

Thanks