The procedure entry point g_intern_static_string could not be located

Tomasz Ostrowski writes:

When I start gtk-demo.exe under WindowsXP I receive the message:
     The procedure entry point g_intern_static_string could not be
     located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll.

Ah, yes. The GTK+ 2.8.15 Win32 packages are built against GLib 2.10.1
and require it at run-time. That was perhaps not a good idea, maybe I
need to rebuild them against GLib 2.8.6. On the other hand, GLib 2.10
*is* now the stable branch, 2.8 is old. What do the Linux distros that
offer GTK+ 2.8.15 do?

--tml