Re: When do i have to use g_signal_stop_emission_by_name () ?

Juan Pablo wrote:

Just that.

In short: Hope you never do :)

I actually thought the description here makes sence:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-stop-emission

Umm, lets see... not to delve too far:

  o Many handlers may be connected to the signal for one object instance
  o Objects that create a signal have their own "class handler"
  o Calling g_signal_stop_emission[_by_name]() (according to the docs) will
prevent the class handler from being run IF the class handler hasnt already run (the class may decide to run its handlers before or after user installed handlers).

I would suspect that the documentation is a little off-center and that
calling _stop_emission() will also prevent other user handlers from being
called from that point in the emission onward... I dont know.

Cheers,
                                       -Tristan