Re: GtkComboBox question

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 16:21 -0800, Russell Markus wrote:
I am trying to work on an application which has a combo box.  I want to
restrict the user to values that are included in the drop down list only.
My thought was to prevent the user from editing the value in the entry box,
but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

I am running Fedora Core 6, and developed the application using glade-2.  I
am not using the lib, but working with the generated C code.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hello Russell,

I had to do something similar recently.  I used glade to build the
interface, but then had to go back and remove the GtkComboBoxEntry
widgest and replace them with GtkCombobox widgets.

Here's the code with a note:

Note #1:  localization_sites is a global.  The value is populated by the
user via a configuration file. (gchar **localization_sites;)

void build_wfo_list (GtkWidget *combobox)
{
        gint i=0;
        gint count=0;

        /* FILL IN THE DROP DOWN LIST */
        count = g_strv_length(localization_sites);
        for (i=0; i<count; i++) {
        gtk_combo_box_append_text(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combobox),
                                  localization_sites[i]);
        }

        /* SET A DEFAULT SELECTION */
        gtk_combo_box_set_active(GTK_COMBO_BOX(combobox), 0);
}

-- Tony