Combo question

Hi,

I'm pretty frustrated because I can't solve this by myself. Can you help
me?

I have a file that looks like

1 Adam
1 Bert
1 Daniel
2 Marc
2 Sam
..
..
9 Zack

and so on. That's an int number, a blank and a name. My code looks like this snip ...
GList *glist = NULL;
FILE *fp;
if ( ! ( fp = fopen(filename, "r")))
{
        fprintf(stderr, "Errror in opening data file %s: error: %s\n", filename, strerror(errno));
}
else
{
        while (fscanf(fp, "%i %s", f_i, f_c) != EOF)
        {
                if ( f_i == 1 )
                {
                        fprintf(stderr, "f_i: %i;\tadding: %s\n", f_i, f_c);
                        /* everything correct up to here */
                        glist = g_list_append(glist, f_c);
        fclose(fp);
}
gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings(GTK_COMBO(combo), glist);
g_list_free(glist);

The output from the fprintf is absolutely correct. In the combo I have
the correct number of entries but all of them are 'Zack'. What's wrong
with my code? I had a look at this for several hours and I googled a
long time but I don't find it.

Please help me. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you in advance
Regards

--
cybernick gmx net <cybernick gmx net>