Re: Cross-platform apps

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:20:17 +0300, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

Ross Clement writes:
 > How much difficulty am I likely to have when I get around to
 > porting it?

 > a) None!
 > b) No more than a little
 > c) A considerable amount of work
 > d) The project from hell
 > e) Impossible

f) Any of the above
That's it.
I guess, GTK won't be the biggest problem when porting. Other things
like file io and such things are more interesting, especially when
porting to Windows. Little example:
I had some trouble with strtod() on Windows. This is an
ANSI-C function to convert a string into a double value. strtod()
detects also hex numbers like 0x12af4b. But the Windows strtod()
doesn't do this. I don't know why. I've search for long time the bug in
my app, why colour values aren't working under Windows, until I've
found out that the Windows strtod() only can handle decimal numbers but
not hexadecimal ones. Very annoying.

regards,
Enrico

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de