Re: Problem displaying Japanese Text in GtkEntry/GtkTextView

Gaurav Jain wrote:

On 4/24/06, Lina Kemmel <LKEMMEL il ibm com> wrote:

Is there a way to get this working on Solaris or AIX too?
Do I need to install some fonts or set some environment
variables?

Was your LANG set to xxXX.UTF-8?

Yes, I tested with LANG set to ja_JP.UTF-8, and the problem persists
on Solaris. I see blank spaces in place of the japanese text.

This might sound obvious, but make sure you do have a font with the
necessary Japanese characters.

--
Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
        -- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy,

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin bol com br
http://move.to/hpkb