Gthreads again

Hi, I wrote a mail some time ago, but nobody answered me :(

My problem is that I had two threads. The second one was a pthread. I
performed and exit from a callback, so I had to pthread_cancel the secondary
thread to avoid a race condition and an eventual app crash.

Now, I'm using GThreads. I don't perform a pthread_cancel nor an equivalent
for GThreads, but the application appears to run well. Does gtk_main_quit()
kill the secondary thread properly or should I expect a crash of my
application?