removing rows from a table

Hello all,

I'm creating a game and I am using a GtkTable to display a table with scores in them. After every round I add a new row to the table and display a new series of values in the cells (using GtkLabels).

When a player starts a new game, I need to reset this table (remove all rows except the "header" row). I tried it this way:

GtkTable table;
score_table = (GtkTable*)glade_xml_get_widget(xml, "score_table");
gtk_table_resize(score_table, 1, 4); // shrink to destroy the scores

But that doesn't make the table smaller apparently. When I show the scores, I still see all the rows. So, how can I remove the rows from the GtkTable?

Thanks in advance :-)

--
Sander