Re: how to get data into text view

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 05:23:43AM -0700, Deependra Shekhawat wrote:
I am developing a application where-in I have to
display the output of the command "tail -f
/var/log/messages" into a text view.
Now the problem is I know system() to execute the
command but how do I re-direct the output of the
command into Textbuffer so textview can display it.
Once I do the above I also want the data displayed to
be dynamically change when the file data increases
(note I am using tail -f).

Scrap it, create a GIOChannel instead, plug it into the main
loop waiting on poll-in (i.e. G_IO_IN), and add the new
data to the text buffer in the callback function (more
GIOChannel discussion can be found in the list archives).

Yeti

--
That's enough.