about accelerators

hi there, i am trying to use an accelerator of a togglebutton so that
when the key is pressed the togglebutton is activated otherwise it is
deactivated. In other words as long as you press a key a togglebutton
is release and when the shortcut button is released so is the
togglebutton. I am failing to do that with an accelerrator using the
clicked and activate signals. Note I am building the interface using
glade.

cheers,
y.