Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

--- Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

The consensus so far seem to be that GLib should not open any
console windows by itself. OK, fine with me, such a change could
be done even in the stable branch (2.4.x) IMHO. But I certainly
hope that it doesn't mean that people then will start whining
that they want "log windows" for warnings and error
messages. Sheesh, that's what the console windows are/were,
dammit.

--tml

  This is EXACTLY what will happen -- People will say: "Stupid glib is dumping
core -- (or should I say "crashing" since we are talking about windows?) and I
have no clue where in MY program I am messing up --

  Leave the DOS-Window, console window, DOS box alone !!!

  What is the trade off -- Have a "DOS box" or find potential problems faster ?

  PS - If the user is scared of the "DOS box" -- Why wouldn't she be scared of
a log window as well ?

HF.