Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

The consensus so far seem to be that GLib should not open any
console windows by itself. OK, fine with me, such a change could
be done even in the stable branch (2.4.x) IMHO. But I certainly
hope that it doesn't mean that people then will start whining
that they want "log windows" for warnings and error
messages. Sheesh, that's what the console windows are/were,
dammit.

I vote for:
* g_print(): popup a console window; if the programmer is using g_print(), he probably wants to see something. * g_warning(): use OutputDebugString, so the only people who can do something about the warnings can use something like DebugView (from Sysinternals) to see it.
* any other function just use (f)printf.

Daniel K. O.